Go Back   SolidHost Forums Sales Pre-Sales

Old Oct 10th, 2008, 10:28   #1
emielvenlo
Customer

Default New VPS to replace the old one.

Hi,

Currently there are several reasons, why i want to migrate all my sites to a fresh VPS. Plesk often gives problems, like right now the backup function is broken, so people advised me to go to directadmin. Furthermore, i would like to rearange some sites to dedicated IP's, I want to use the doublespec coupon for better performance and the new vps with more dedicated ip's.

So I am planning to take another vps for a while and then end my first vps.
Is it possible to take a second VPS and then after 2 months (after all my sites are migrated) end the contract of the first one?
Is it possible to take 10 ip adressess with the new vps, with just saying that the script needs a dedicated ip? (Offcourse with payment for ip's)
How can i order these IP's when ordering a VPS?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Best regards,

Emiel
emielvenlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 21:06   #2
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Hi Emiel,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Replacing your VPS the way you describe is indeed possible, that is no problem at all. However as for the doublespec coupon; please note that that offer was quite a long time ago and isn't available anymore right now. However, if you can contact our sales department (sales@solidhost.com) we'd be glad to see if we can make you a good offer (please make sure to describe exactly what you need).

Needless to say; if any functions (like the backup function you described) aren't working, we encourage you to submit a support ticket so we can fix this for you.

As for the 10 IPs; if the sites really require a unique IP address, then that is possible. However there must be a technical necessity for this, otherwise this is not allowed by RIPE (the European IP authority).

It would be best if you could contact sales@solidhost.com so we can work this out for you.

Thank you!

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
SH-Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 22:06   #3
emielvenlo
Customer

But how do the vps's like the enterprice come with 6 ip's standard?
I really want those 10 ip adresses...
emielvenlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 13:30   #4
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

The Enterprise VPS comes with 6 IPs for free, but for every IP beyond the first 2, justification must still be provided.

I understand you would like to have 10 IPs, and that really isn't any problem, as long as justification can be provided. This is a condition set by RIPE.

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
SH-Andre is offline   Reply With Quote