Go Back   SolidHost Forums Support Forums Control Panel Questions

Old Apr 29th, 2005, 12:56   #31
vista
Customer

Just wondering if you guys have any hosting buttons or graphics - as you guys have helped me out with this so much i thought the least i could do was place a 'proudly hosted by solidhost' graphic on my site
vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 13:09   #32
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista
So what your saying is that after everything is setup, you then use the changeip to set a dedicated ip (which is their shared IP)?
Correct. It will not be set as a dedicated IP then though, since it's still the reseller's shared IP.

Quote:
This was something i was wondering about actually, but i don't understand what steps you take here...i thought some hosts allow you to use either the private nameservers or the standard ones - in which case this step wouldn't be taken, correct? What would be the reasons to do this?
Again correct. If you use the standard ones you would also have to make sure to not set any nameservers in the resellers configuration, because by not entering anything there it will use the standard ones.

The reason people want to use private nameservers is that they don't want to let anything lead back to their host, since then their customers may as well go with the top level host directly rather then through the reseller.

The reason some people want to use the standard nameservers is that they just don't want (or know how) to setup the nameservers within the registrar. Not many people choose this option though.

Quote:
Just wondering if you guys have any hosting buttons or graphics - as you guys have helped me out with this so much i thought the least i could do was place a 'proudly hosted by solidhost' graphic on my site
We are currently working on a completely new brand for our company and things like that will also be included, but we don't have anything for our current brand available. Linking back to us is always greatly appreciated

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
SH-Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 13:38   #33
vista
Customer

sorry, but i'm still having a bit of a problem with this.

Just to run it through:

create normal account
add reseller privs
edit privs to desired resources etc
edit DNS for private namesever A-records and IPs
restrict IPs (to reseller shared IP)
change reseller account IP (to reseller shared IP)

is there anything missing here?

Under this setup the reseller's clients could chose to use private nameservers or standard ones based on their preference - correct?

Thanks

P.S. I'll certainly put a link to solidhost on the site - not only for the help, but because i have no problem recommending the service here
vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 09:34   #34
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

What you said is correct. If you leave out step 4 it would be without private nameservers.

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
SH-Andre is offline   Reply With Quote