Go Back   SolidHost Forums Support Forums DNS Questions

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 21:32   #1
Rickie
Customer

Question DNS Clustering Problem!

Hi all, I'm having probs getting the A entry for a new server to take, and getting the depreciation warning to switch from 'Master' to 'Clustering'

Adding an A entry for ********
Warning the DNS MASTER system is depreciated and will not be supported in new releases. You should switch to using clustering for DNS.
Timed out while attempted to read file: /var/named/********.db from the remote machine: 209.51.128.17. Please make sure the remote machine in online. The requested operation was not completed.

Now I know the 209 machine is a GNAX DNS server and is in the resolvers.conf and did the usual to fix the NAMED service. But after several days the nameserver dns1. & dns2. entries and the server haven't resolved.

Honestly I'm stumped - possibly late nights and running around in circles but has anyone else came across this ?? And better got any info on fixing it!

Tried to setup the clustering service but a remote access key is required and won't retrieve so stuck there too.

TIA
Rickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 21:39   #2
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Hi Rickie,

I'd have to look into your system to really see what's going on. Have you modified the resolv.conf at all?

By default they are indeed set to the main dns servers so that the server resolves, but once the server is setup you should change the resolvers to the first two usable IP addresses on the server.

If that doesn't help, please open a support ticket with the login details of your server so we can take a look.

Regards,

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
SH-Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 21:46   #3
Rickie
Customer

I'm sure that's okay, I'll recheck though, and NAMED does it's usual bout of bad behaviour because of it

I'll do some more checks and get back and I'll log a ticket with the access details if need be.

Thanks
Rickie is offline   Reply With Quote