Go Back   SolidHost Forums Support Forums DNS Questions

Old Mar 26th, 2005, 23:16   #1
marcel98
Customer

Question Correct email servers

I couldn't find a place about email servers, so...

What is the correct email server? I'm having problem with mail.mydomain.com and also tried only mydomain.com
What do I need to put in my email reader at:
smtp server and pop3 server??????
marcel98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 23:36   #2
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Dear Marcel,

mail.yourdomain.com should do the trick but keep in mind that will only work properly once your domain is fully propagated. If you have recently changed your nameservers you'll have to wait 24-72 hours before it all works properly (there's nothing we can do to speed that up, since it's something that all global ISPs control).

If you are still having problems after this period of time please contact support@solidhost.com.

Regards,

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
SH-Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 23:50   #3
marcel98
Customer

Wink

Thanks, you're right.

"If you are still having problems after this period of time please contact support@solidhost.com."

Well, every email I sent there came back with an error message like this:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
pipe to |/home/sh/public_html/support/automail.pl
generated by support@solidhost.com
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't expecting such a high number of accounts, but we can schedule at /home/sh/public_html/support/automail.pl line 328, <STDIN> line 68.

I need to sent you a message about my server config. Do you have other email I can use? Please respond to marcel.leal@gmail.com
marcel98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 23:54   #4
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Looks like our old software really needs replacement soon. Sorry about that, I wasn't aware of this problem.

I will have a look at this rightaway.

We have actually received your emails without a problem as far as I can see, and we have responded to them too, but still we'll make sure to correct this as soon as we can.

Regards,

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 23:58   #5
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Sir we are testing this and all of our testing mails (from test addresses outside of the USA) our emails are being received properly without any such bounces.

Could you please send a test email from you address to see whether the error is still appearing?

Also, if you want to make sure we receive your ticket properly it may be a good idea to submit it directly to our system here: http://www.solidhost.com/support/open.php.

I will make sure we get our new system up and running this week. We have used the old system for years without any problems but it seems we are simply outgrowing a system like that, so we are working on a much more professional solution which will allow us to serve our customers faster and without any kind of problem like this.

Again my apologies for this inconvenience.

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock