Go Back   SolidHost Forums Support Forums Operating System Questions

Old Nov 5th, 2005, 00:01   #1
dnc
Customer

Default Mail message size limit

One of my customers is trying to send a big email (advertisement for a big monthily magazine) and gets the error (I am pretty sure this error message has to do with the recipient's mail server - please verify)

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<---@---.--->
(reason: 552 5.2.3 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size
(10000000))

I would like to know if there is any limit on size of an attachment that is going to be sent through your servers (btw I am on JUPITER).

Thank you
Antonis
dnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 11:45   #2
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Hi Antonis,

The max attachment size on all of our servers is 10mb. What kind of attachment is it? It's probably better to not include the file(s) as attachments in the email but to just upload them and to include a link to the advertisement in the email (using HTML you can make the email client read the data from the website).

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
SH-Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 14:25   #3
CPUBum
Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc
I would like to know if there is any limit on size of an attachment that is going to be sent through your servers (btw I am on JUPITER).
Even if the server was changed to allow more than 10MB, you are going to have a problem where the email is rejected by other email servers. Comcast for example does not allow attachments that large, nor do most other ISP's that I have used. So even if you could send it, they will never get it. Think about the poor soles that have only a dialup connection! Send a link and let them get it if they want it.

CB
CPUBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:38   #4
Alexanderjhon
Customer

Default hi

Gmail lets you send and receive messages (and attached files) only to a certain size. Find out how to get your files to the desired destination.
Alexanderjhon is offline   Reply With Quote