Go Back   SolidHost Forums Sales Services

Old Nov 17th, 2005, 06:00   #1
yomain
Customer

Default Restoring Jupiter sites from a more recent backup???

I had been thrilled with SolidHost in the past, and appreciate the efforts made to restore my websites.

However, it looks like a month of activity has disappeared, or that websites were restored from a backup some time in October?

At least one entire site has disappeared entirely, and hundreds of dollars worth of orders from 2 other sites have vanished. Complicating matters is that email to support@solidhost.com has been bouncing back to me, and I don't know if you're receiving my most recent communications.

Any update would be appreciate regarding whether there exists a more recent backup.

Also, I'd like to know if you've recently changed data centers, or there might be any other explanation for sudden hardware problems after such a stretch of such excellent service.
yomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 15:52   #2
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Hi Yomain,

It would be best if you could contact our support department about this. We are aware of the email bounces but regardless of that we are getting every email without a problem. If you have an open ticket which hasn't been replied to, please let me know the ticket ID then I'll make sure someone looks into this as soon as possible.

Thank you.

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
SH-Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 22:10   #3
JTM16
Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomain
I had been thrilled with SolidHost in the past, and appreciate the efforts made to restore my websites.

However, it looks like a month of activity has disappeared, or that websites were restored from a backup some time in October?

At least one entire site has disappeared entirely, and hundreds of dollars worth of orders from 2 other sites have vanished. Complicating matters is that email to support@solidhost.com has been bouncing back to me, and I don't know if you're receiving my most recent communications.

Any update would be appreciate regarding whether there exists a more recent backup.

Also, I'd like to know if you've recently changed data centers, or there might be any other explanation for sudden hardware problems after such a stretch of such excellent service.
I'm having the same problem with my website data. The backup that my website was restored with appears to be from Oct. 24; any and all info added to the site since then is missing. I haven't experienced any email problems.

I have a ticket open on this "Ticket ID: WGM-50673" opened on 15 Nov 2005 03:39 PM. I know your support is trying but since I see I'm not the only website affected it stands to reason there are others as well.

I too have had excellent service from SolidHost and hope this problem can be resolved quickly. Thank you.
JTM16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 22:46   #4
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Hi JTM,

I have personally replied to that ticket about an hour ago - please let me know if you didn't get the response.

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 04:23   #5
bungo
Customer

I would move the date to the 25th of October for my site.
I was lucky enough to have taken database backups the day before.
Losing most of the stats will be a bit of a blow.
If anyone manages to get their data back, could they post here to let us all know how they did it?
bungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 15:53   #6
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

Hi Bungo,

Everyone who was affected by this error has been informed by me personally. If you haven't received that message please let me know.

The problem was a bug in the cPanel backup script, which caused that the daily cPanel backups didn't update. cPanel's support department refuses to explain what caused this, but I am personally also very disappointed by them since this caused quite a bit of trouble. By far not everyone was affected by this though, only specific accounts are.

We are currently working on our own backup script, which will be more reliable than the one cPanel provides. As I already said, I'm very disappointed with cPanel here since they've proven their own scripts aren't reliable (while you would expect something like this to be reliable).

For any specific information about your account please refer to your support ticket.

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 21:42   #7
busyathome
Customer

Maybe this software can help:
http://www.cpsitesaver.com
busyathome is offline   Reply With Quote