View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 12:34   #3
vista
Customer

Hi, thanks for reply

Quote:
I believe that the cPanel API does not support creation of reseller accounts, as far as I know. However at the other hand: if a reseller account can be created manually, there has to be a way to create it automatically too
Yep, this is my understanding also, basically you have to code it yourself.

Quote:
Another way to create a reseller account is to first create a normal account (without reseller privileges) and to add reseller privileges later in the "reseller center"
This seems like an easy way to do it, however i don't quite get how the actual diskspace and bandwidth for reselling is assigned - does it simply take the amount that you setup in the normal account and assign that for reselling, or must it be setup separate to the normal account?

Quote:
reseller accounts are being created using one of the scripts in the /scripts directory, so I'd suggest to make your script add the reseller privs using the correct script in there.
Yep that is indeed the way i'm going about it

Quote:
It may be interesting to get a small VPS solution with cPanel, you have full root access on that so it's perfect to test this.
That's an interesting idea, i'm not looking to spend a lot of cash as this isn't that important, i guess if i email sales we may be able to sort something out? If your interested i could share my findings in return for a discount

Thanks for your help
vista is offline   Reply With Quote