View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 07:50   #2
SH-Andre
SolidHost Crew

This is also something that SolidHost is going to implement in our new billing system (still based on the same backend system as what we have now).

The initial setup works like this: you setup an account the way it's done usually, and there's an option during the creation to make a reseller account of it. Another way to create a reseller account is to first create a normal account (without reseller privileges) and to add reseller privileges later in the "reseller center".

I believe that the cPanel API does not support creation of reseller accounts, as far as I know. However at the other hand: if a reseller account can be created manually, there has to be a way to create it automatically too

It'll be quite hard to create this if you don't actually have an environment to test this in. It may be interesting to get a small VPS solution with cPanel, you have full root access on that so it's perfect to test this.

As far as I know reseller accounts are being created using one of the scripts in the /scripts directory, so I'd suggest to make your script add the reseller privs using the correct script in there. That's only possible if you have root access ofcourse.

Good luck!

-----------------
Andre van Vliet
SolidHost Administrators

Solid as a Rock
SH-Andre is offline   Reply With Quote